The review events for Clerks of Session to complete the annual review are set. Clerks of Session may choose between two Zoom events and five in-person gatherings. Each gathering is designed to:
- Support one another
- Share learnings and hear the latest best practices for Clerks of Session
- Fulfill the Book of Order requirement to review minutes annually
All Clerks of Session are invited to attend one of the Session Record Review events.
- Saturday, April 1 at Festival of Faith
- Sunday, April 23 at 3 PM – Bates Memorial, Huntington
- Sunday, April 30 at 3 PM – Old Stone, Lewisburg
- Tuesday, May 2 at 6:30 PM – Village Chapel, Charleston
- Sunday, May 7 at 3 PM – Zoom
- Thursday, May 11 at 6:30 PM – Zoom
- Sunday, May 21 at 3 PM – Bridgeport PC
The Session Record Review Checklist has been updated to accommodate both Zoom and in-person events.
For those attending a Zoom event, each Clerk of Session invites another member of the session or another ruling elder to review the 2022 minutes. The Clerk of Session completes the checklist section; the reviewer from the session completes the report section for Zoom events and signs. This must be completed prior to attending one of the Zoom Session Record Review events. All Clerks of Session will provide Maureen Wright with an electronic copy of the completed form (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail a hard copy of the form to Presbytery of West Virginia, P.O. Box 11720, Charleston, WV 25339. Once the form is received and the Clerk of Session attends the review event, a letter will be sent stating that the records for 2022 have been reviewed. The letter should be included in the minutes for 2023.
For those attending an in-person event, the Clerk of Session completes the checklist section. Minutes will be exchanged at the review and the in-person reviewer will complete the section for in-person events.
If Clerks of Session have any questions, contact Maureen Wright.