Purpose: To enact the Word of God and promote social righteousness through the promotion, creation, interpretation, funding and evaluation of mission activities by the Presbytery and its congregations.
- Help foster ownership and participation in local, national and global mission of the PC(USA).
- Encourage and develop strategies for mission interpretation throughout the Presbytery.
- Encourage and assist congregations in active involvement in mission.
- Help congregations to do social and ecumenical ministries within local communities.
- Link congregations with similar ministries.
- Provide leadership on issues such as, but not limited to social justice, hunger, environment, elderly, disabled, and peacemaking, etc.
- Provide support to Presbyterian mission ministries within the bounds of the Presbytery.
- Encourage and support ecumenical and interfaith ministries within the Presbytery.
- To be Presbytery’s liaison for campus ministry with the Westminster Foundation
- Helping Presbytery and congregations explore and respond to God’s Word as a response to social issues of our time.
- Helping Presbytery and congregations develop strategies for increased awareness of local, national and global mission.
- Helping Presbytery and congregations create and sustain ministries which, but are not limited to:
- Promote total health for individuals
- Strengthen families
- Address issues of violence
- Seek equality for all people
- Address issues of economic and community development
- Respond to disasters
- Address the problem of huger
- Work for peace and promote justice
- Promote environmental justice
- Supporting, advocating for and publicizing mission ministries within the bounds of the Presbytery by:
- Recommending to Presbytery support of mission ministries within the bounds of the Presbytery.
- Communicate to Presbytery and congregations the nature of the mission ministries of programs, entities and churches in the Presbytery
- Evaluate and assure that the goals and programs of the ministries funded by the Presbytery are being carried out.
- Maintain, promote, and publicize to the Presbytery ecumenical and interfaith partnerships ex. West Virginia Council on Churches.
- Being Presbytery’s liaison with campus ministry and the Westminster Foundation.
- Provide training and support in the area of mission for pastors, sessions, and congregations.
- Sponsoring and promoting missionary visits throughout the Presbytery
There shall be 6 members (3 classes of 2 members each), with a mix of Ministers of Word & Sacrament, Ruling Elders, and laity.